Bracelets come in many different sizes and shapes and are a beautiful addition to your jewelry collection. When it comes to choosing a bracelet it is important to make sure that the size is correct so that it sits well on your wrist. It’s equally important to have the right size on your bracelet as it is on your clothes. Having the right fit will make the bracelet both more comfortable, but also look better on you.
It is much easier if you know the size that fits you, especially when ordering online. It’s easy to determine your bracelet size and it can be done from the comfort of your home with household items!
To measure your wrist size, you will need: a pen, scissors, masking tape, a ruler and a piece of paper. Cut a thin strip of paper, you will need it to measure your wrist.
- Glue a piece of the masking tape to one end of the paper strip and attach the tape to your wrist.
- Wrap the paper strip just below the wrist where you usually wear a bracelet.
- Mark your paper strip with a pencil where the end of the bracelet should be.
STEP 3: Measure
Measure the paper strip with a ruler. This is the wrist size. For bracelets with pendants hanging on your hand, you can measure the point where your wrist meets your hand and add about 1.3 cm to it.
Size guide for bracelets
Use the following wrist size guide to determine the diameter of your hand. To find the bracelet size, expand the wrist size based on the following steps and how you want the bracelet to fit:
- For a tight fit, add 6 to 13 mm.
- For a comfortable fit, add 19 to 25 mm.
- For a loose fit, add 25 to 32 mm.