For your really fine jewelry to have a longer life, you need to take care of them. One of the most important parts of doing so is cleaning them regularly.
Here are some tips on what you can do to preserve your beautiful jewelry and so that you can enjoy them longer!
Make-up, sweat, perfume, hair styling products, body lotion, and other body products can discolor your jewelry. Avoid sunbathing, showering, or bathing with your jewelry on. Salt baths discolor and can do so they can start to rust. Jewelry should be hung and stored in a good way when not in use.
Necklaces hang best on a hook, bracelets can be hung on a hook or on any jewelry display and the earrings are best stored on any jewelry display or in a box. A good tip is to invest in a really good jewelry box where there is plenty of space and where you can share and separate your various jewelry so that you can easily keep order and find out so that you can easily find your jewels!
How to make your own jewelry cleaner
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon detergent (dish soap)
- 3 deciliters of hot water (heat in a saucepan, in micron or in a kettle)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Aluminum foil
- Possibly a soft dish sponge
How to clean your jewelry
- Mix detergent, salt, and baking soda in the hot water. Stir around and mix well.
- Form the aluminum foil as a bowl and immerse it in the mixture. The bowl should be filled with the mixture.
- Leave your jewelry there for about 15 minutes. Do not put down too many pieces of jewelry, but only take a few at a time. It is better to do the treatment several times if you have many pieces of jewelry that needs to be cleaned
- Then pick up your jewelry and rinse under the tap.
- Gently wipe with soft paper towels or a soft kitchen towel.
- If the treatment does not produce the desired result, you can dip a soft wash sponge into the solution and gently pull over the jewelry and then rinse off.
Now you can enjoy your favorite jewelry anymore!